Sunday, 10 August 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - Review

Now Honestly hands up when Bioderma came around and loads of companies started making their own Micellar Waters who thought it was all some beauty hype and it was never going to live up to anything? *Raises Hand*

I honestly couldn't see how much better a cleansing water could be then a regular makeup remover. So I have finally decided to buy one and test it out. I decided on the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for no reason other then it was on offer in Asda! I picked this up at £3.33 so a bit cheaper then the £4.99 you would usually pay however I can not find this offer online anymore.

Onto the review. The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water claims to draw out impurities, remove makeup, soothe skin, requires no rinsing and is suitable for sensitive skin. So being as I have really sensitive skin an my usual makeup remover contains a few chemicals I decided this might actually be far nicer and gentler on my skin.

Long story short it is nicer on my skin! Usually my skin feels a little tight after taking my makeup off, not that I'm bothered as I usually apply a moisturiser anyway but it was one of the big things I noticed when using the cleansing water. My skin didn't have that instant tight and dry feeling. I tried using this in a few different ways the first being how people say you can use bioderma by soaking a cotton pad leaving it over your eyes for a few seconds and then wiping away all traces of makeup! Let me just say that didn't work for me! What I found was I have to gently make circular motions and then it loosens up the makeup making it easier to wipe away.

This does a really good job of removing my makeup with minimal effort even those hard to remove products I own. It takes a bit of work to get the lime crime velveteens of say, but I have not found anything that easily removes those! I tend to use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water at night to remove my makeup and again in the morning to remove any dirt that has gotten on my face during the night. It does a really good job of just doing a quick cleanse and I am already seeing less breakouts, I still get a few spots don't get me wrong but they are just one or two in specific areas no longer the little clusters of three or four spots I used to get. I can only think it is because this is doing a good job of removing the dirt out of my skin.

So while I didn't think I would be a total convert I think I am now!

This will also be a new segment on my youtube channel where I take two similar products supposed to do the same thing and talk about which one I like, unfortunately I accidentally lost the footage for the comparison between this and my regular makeup remover so I need to re-film, but I will have it up soon!

Lots of Love

Kerri

x