Friday, 22 August 2014

Simple Washi Tape Idea's

Washi Tape is not a new concept for me. As a long time Scrapbooker (random yes I know) I have used washi tape to stick in photos for pages, and also to decorate pages of my scrapbooks. However it is cropping up in shops more and I keep seeing people ask what it is actually for. It is essentially thin, easy to move, patterned paper tape. So I have decided to show you a few of my idea's for using washi tape that you do not have to be an expert to do! (Nothing annoys me more then those pinterest pictures of graffic washi tape designs on walls, please I do not have those kinds of skills!)


1. Covering up table scuffs or adding a bit of interest to furniture.

Now I used the washi tape to cover up some of the scratches and missing flakes of paint on the edge of my desk, but I think the black patterened tape contrasts nicely with the white desk and adds a little bit of individuality to an otherwise boring desk! I have also seen people cover light swiches, put stripes on fridges and washing machines, all to make things look a bit more pleasing to the eye!

2. Decorating Plain Gift Boxes



For this one I decided on two complimentary colours and patterns to cover my gift box. Of course you do not have to use this diagnal pattern you can do whatever you want! I just think its a nice way to make a boring box cute and it means I don't have to worry about wrapping the present as this looks nice by itself! 

3. Add Labels To Items


Ive seen people put the washi tape on their cables to know which one is which, but I like labelling plain packaging with mine. I am thinking of getting a contour palette that looks similar to this packaging so having a cute little label on there will make it easier to tell which one is which!

Now if you search pinteret you will find a lot more interesting ways to use washi tape then I could ever show you here, but I don't really want to be stealing photo's especially as I do not use pinterest that much anymore! If I go back on I will just pin for days and forget about everything else!